Pediatric Advanced Life Support program gives a thorough understanding about the pediatric emergency programs such as pediatric evaluation, basic lifesaving skills, PALS treatment algorithms, resuscitation and team dynamics. In this article we will provide you more information about Pediatric Advanced Life Support course.
For whom is PALS course designed for?
The PALS Course is mainly designed for healthcare providers who are responsible to provide proper care to emergencies in babies and children. These include medical personnel dealing in emergency situations, emergency medicine, intensive care unit (ICU) and critical care units such as nurses, physicians, paramedics, respiratory therapists etc.
What will a candidate learn in this course?
After successful completion of PALS course, candidate would be able to perform below mentioned functions:
- Identification and interventions to avoid respiratory issues and cardiac arrest in pediatric patient.
- Provide a step by step approach to pediatric evaluation by means of the initial investigation, primary and secondary evaluation and a series of diagnostic tests.
- Explain priority and interventions for babies and children with circulatory or respiratory emergencies.
- Describe the significance of team dynamics while pediatric resuscitation is performed.
- Explain the prime factors of post-resuscitation management
- Accomplish best quality CPR.
- Conduct respiratory management within the scope of practice.
- Choose and apply suitable cardiorespiratory monitoring.
- Choose and monitor adequate medications and shock therapies in cases of arrhythmia.
- Develop quick vascular access to monitor fluid medications.
- Representation of effective communication and team dynamics by team leader and team members
Features of PALS training course
- PALS training course is a classroom based training program that is suitable for learners who prefer learning through instructor led sessions and group interaction.
- This course uses a wide range of practical clinical scenarios to develop confidence and learning skills to handles all kinds of emergency situations efficiently.
- Affordable PALS certification cost and easy modes of payment
Format of PALS course
Course contents are taught in group sessions. Practical case scenarios are presented by way of training videos. Lots of practice of skills and testing is provided, in the course. For every six students there is one instructor provided in the class. This ensures makes better learning and problem solving on the various topics of the subject.
Duration of course
This course is of 14 hours 10 minutes exclusive of breaks and lunch.
Type of Certification offered
Once a student successfully does this course then they receive a PALS Provider Course Completion Card. The validity of this card is for two years.
Prerequisites for taking the PALS Course
In order to take this course, a candidate has to have proficiency in basic live saving skills of infant and child. Recognition of varying heart rhythms using several kinds of airway management tools is required. Also, a candidate should know the medicines that are commonly used to deal with cardiovascular complications.
PALS course aims at equipping a medical professional to offer improved and enhanced quality of care to ill, disabled or injured patients so as to obtain positive outcomes.